Monday, April 30, 2012

Foodie, I'm Not

Planned Workout: Aqua Jog
Actual Workout: Aqua Jog, arm circuit, abs

I am not a foodie.  By any means.  Don't get me wrong, I can cook and sometimes I enjoy it.  The enjoying it part seems to be less since Little Miss came along.  Though I do encourage her to help me in the kitchen and she seems to enjoy it.  But my menus are a little, well, bland.

Take last night,for instance.  We had chicken tacos.  Nothing special.  Today's lunch: leftovers.

2012-04-30_11-44-26_255.jpg
This is today's lunch: Fruit Salad, Southwest Salad kit, chicken taco
In fact, the most exotic thing I ever cook is curried pork.  I know there are several reasons my menu stays they same: time, money, a 3 year old's palate.  But, I would like to broaden my horizons a little.  Make something new to our family.  This is what I came up with:

Moroccan Vegetable Stew with Couscous

Moroccan vegetable stew blends turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, allspice and garlic with chickpeas, lentils, sweet potatoes, tomatoes and raisins for an aromatic vegetarian meal that's rich in protein and fiber. The legumes in this dish provide iron, while the vegetables offer vitamins A and C. Whole-grain couscous, a Middle Eastern dish, complements this hearty stew and adds extra fiber to your meal.
I got this at  livestrong.com.

Granted, this will have to wait at least a week until I get to the grocery store again.  And I will have to modify hubby's some (he doesn't like tomatoes), but I think I will try it.  I will let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment