Sunday, April 22, 2012

March of Dimes....A Recap

March of Dimes 5K 2012


It was cold. 45 degrees.  For the last mile, it sprinkled.  Cold and damp. Our team was a decent size.  Mostly family, some friends.  Avery's physical therapist and her family even walked.  We started out together, but ended up spread way out by the end.




This was our team name. My shirt said Auntie Em on the sleeve.

 This is Mr. Avery.  He was born at 23 weeks.  He will be 1 in May.  He is the reason my sister started a team and the cutest little nephew ever!


     Little Miss and her cousin painted rocks before the walk.





Little Miss walked with grandpa until mile 2.  Then I sent her walking to other direction with her aunt and uncle.  She was getting tired.  She walked about 2.75 miles.
 







After the walk, they had hot dogs, chips, bananas, and water.  We also got little goodie bags.  They had Michigan magnets and notebooks in them (did I mention we were at an OSU campus?), trail mix, and some stuff for kids. I enjoyed having coffee to warm up to.  I am not big on hot dogs, but mine was pretty good.
 

Even though it was cold and rainy and I walked at a very slow pace for me (nope, didn't keep time either), it was a good time.  I already asked my sister if she was going to do this next year.  She said yes and she was going to start fund raising sooner.
 Our team raised $952 this year.  Not bad for a first time team that started late.

No comments:

Post a Comment