Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Reality Check

Planned Workout: JM30DS, some kind of running at the gym
Actual Workout: JM30DS, Fat Burner walk @ 3.5 mph, and a little more weight lifting at the gym


Saturday morning, I was feeling good.  I attempted to run 3 miles.  A little over 2 miles in, I hurt my leg.  More specifically, the side of my quad on my right leg.  I tried walking for a while, then running again.  It still hurt.  Worse.  I decided I could walk home.  The more I walked, the more it hurt.  I called Hubby about a quarter of a mile from home to pick me up.  He was out mowing and didn't hear his phone.  I started hobbling, but made it home.

I decided that I would take Sunday and Monday off from any running and not do anything at all workout wise on Sunday.  Monday I did aqua jog, and I felt a little sore, but ok.  Today I tried 30DS and I was timid.  There were certain moves I just wouldn't do.  By Thursday I hope to get a run in, even just a small one.


After this debacle, I took a looonng look in the mirror.  Everyone has been commenting to me about how I am looking good and talking to me about how much weight I have lost.  Since I started this blog I have lost almost 30 pounds.  While this made me feel good and more confident, I started making decisions I shouldn't have last week.  Have a doughnut and coffee for a mid afternoon snack 2 days in a row? Sure why not?  Eat a 530 calorie pizza at 1130pm? As long as I run tomorrow. 



Being a Law Enforcement Dispatcher, this sign rocks!

Anyway, back to the mirror.  I caught a glimpse in the mirror and though, "Wow, I do look different.  Why did I wait so long to do this?"  Then I took a harder look and realized I may have come this far, but I am no where near the end.  Usually, this is when I get discouraged and start telling myself I will never get there.  Not this time.  This time I told myself, "Ok, so we still have back rolls and a "belly flap".  What can we do to work on this?  I think I can feel this time being different.

No comments:

Post a Comment